Election results

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Aug 7 19:12:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 09:37:05AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >> No but I could easily argue that there is an implicit responsibility to
> >> "maintain" your membership to SPI which would indeed include voting.

> approval of the membership committee. Members have the right and
> responsibility of overseeing the board members, officers, and committees
> and ensuring that they operate in accordance with the goals and
> principles of the organization.

That doesn't say one must vote, though.  Of course, I also happen to
think that not voting, in the absence of an "I abstain" or "I refuse
my ballot" option on the ballot, is a legitimate way of communicating
something.  The problem, naturally, lies in understanding the message
so sent.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
		--Philip Greenspun