Election results

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Tue Aug 7 20:01:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 09:02:44PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:

> Condorcet is a single-winner method.  Proportionality is a nonsensical
> requirement for single-winner elections.

Sure.  But given that we have apparently adapted Condorcet rules for
multi-winners, my point was just that the whole point of Condorcet is
to optimise for some other set of conditions than proportionality of
preferences.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."
		--Bruce Schneier