Election results

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho antti-juhani at kaijanaho.fi
Wed Aug 8 03:58:35 UTC 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 04:01:25PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Sure.  But given that we have apparently adapted Condorcet rules for
> multi-winners, my point was just that the whole point of Condorcet is
> to optimise for some other set of conditions than proportionality of
> preferences.

Obviously.  However, I believe that this is *not* because the need for
proportionality has been rejected, but because the need for
proportionality has not been considered before.

As recently as last year, I personally was an advocate of the
iterate-Condorcet technique, not having thought its implications
through.

--
Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho, Jyväskylä
http://antti-juhani.kaijanaho.fi/newblog/