Election results

Josh Berkus josh at postgresql.org
Wed Aug 8 06:36:42 UTC 2007

Jimmy,

> Speaking only on my own behalf, I don't think that voting in SPI should
> be compulsory for contributing members, and my reading of the bylaw does
> not require members to vote.

Unfortunately, the quorum parts of our bylaws will paralyze the organization
if we do not purge "inactive" members.   For example, changes to the bylaws
themselves require a majority of *all* members, not just voting ones.  With
current levels of participation that will be impossible to achieve.

I'd bet you that at least 15% of our membership has gone no-mail on the lists
and is not even aware that they are still registered as members.

--
Josh Berkus
Board