Election results

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Aug 8 07:48:18 UTC 2007

Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
> [...] For example, changes to the bylaws
> themselves require a majority of *all* members, not just voting ones. [...]

Ouch.  It really does say just "members" not "contributing members".
That seems like a major bug to me, so I guess drastic action to fix it
is justified.

> I'd bet you that at least 15% of our membership has gone no-mail on the lists
> and is not even aware that they are still registered as members.

Hamish Moffatt wrote on my web site:
    "Personally I did not vote as SPI does not seem particularly
relevant to Debian, other than as a money handler. In addition I admit
to being barely aware that the vote was on; despite being a
contributing member I was not subscribed to spi-announce until a few
moments ago. "
    "Perhaps SPI could benefit from a members-announce mailing list
like debian-devel-announce."

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.