Election results

Neil McGovern neilm at spi-inc.org
Wed Aug 8 17:09:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 09:50:01AM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Note that this isn't an argument against establishing criteria for
> participation, but it is an argument for excluding a requirement to
> vote in every topic put to vote by the organisation.

I don't think we've ever said that members will be required to vote :)

I think we'll be handling it something like:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/07/msg00004.html
ie: voting will only be one way of 'showing activity'.

Additionally, this won't start until we've received legal advice from
Greg as to the status of quorum with regards to contrib/non-contrib
members.
--
Neil McGovern
Secretary, Software in the Public Interest, Inc.