Election results

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Aug 9 03:26:49 UTC 2007

Markus Schulze <markus.schulze at alumni.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> The Schulze STV method would have chosen [...]

To summarise the interesting (IMO) results posted so far:

Would have been elected under all systems:
D. David Graham CSPI CBorda CRP SSTV AV STV FPTP
F. Joshua D. Drake CSPI CBorda CRP SSTV AV STV FPTP
E. Bdale Garbee CSPI CBorda CRP SSTV AV STV FPTP
B. Luk Claes CSPI CBorda CRP SSTV AV STV FPTP

Elected under some systems:
C. Joerg Jaspert CSPI CBorda CRP STV
H. Ian Jackson STV
A. Martin Zobel-Helas CSPI CBorda CRP
L. MJ Ray SSTV AV FPTP
K. Martin 'Joey' Schulze SSTV AV FPTP

I replaced my earlier list position barchart in
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/blog/2007/spi#resultelections
with one showing all candidates' list positions.

Is it interesting that we elected the candidates who appear in list
positions 9-13 least?  There seem to be some odd interactions between
votes for H and K in particular, and maybe C and L, which may explain
some of the different results.  Is SPI actually election-by-veto?

Is it interesting that we elected ABCDEF?  Was there an alphabet
effect? ;-)

Regards,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.