Making the ballots secret

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Aug 9 17:04:25 UTC 2007

Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> Previously MJ Ray wrote:
> > Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> > > No, a script is run post-vote that removes the relation between the vote
> > > and the votee.
> >
> > So why can I see my past votes back to 2004?
>
> I don't know. Maybe people haven't been running the script anymore.

Can an SPI-admin run the script, please?  (At least for 2004-6, which
should be OK by everyone - surely no-one's would contest those now?)

> > Still, can a webmaster of members.spi-inc see votes for current ballots?
> > That doesn't seem secret.
>
> A webmaster can't. The nm team and the SPI-admins can [...]

Someone can check the votes, maybe including candidates.  Not secret.

Should board member elections be secret?  (Not only because it looks
required by Articles Five and Seven of the by-laws, but also.)

If so, how will the election system change to run a secret ballot?

Thanks,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.