Meetbot for SPI

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Fri Dec 28 16:37:58 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 11:18:32AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Don Armstrong <don at donarmstrong.com> wrote:
> > It'd be enough for one interested member (board or otherwise) to stick
> > a bot in and send the completed logs to -general (or provide a link to
> > them.) This shouldn't require anyone's approval.
>
> Will anyone who can attend the new meeting time of third Wednesday
> 19:00Z send a log/summary, then, please?

Why not put a bot there yourself that only logs while meetings are
occurring and doesn't make noise, and then either emails those summaries
out to -general or allows you to do it after any necessary light
editing? (IMHO approved and maybe draft minutes but not logs should go
to -announce, but that's debatable.) That would seem to satisfy everyone
including Joerg. The bot can tell that a meeting is beginning by the
textual case-insensitive occurrence of "*gavel*" on a line by itself
around the official meeting start time and then by its reoccurrence at
the end of the meeting. I'll be glad to discuss any refinements of this
heuristic if that would help, as I'm sure would many others.

In related news, I've talked one-on-one with Neil about ways I can help,
and with some newly granted permissions relating to the website I'm
going to get the official public record of SPI's minutes/resolutions/etc
much more up to date within the upcoming days, as my schedule permits.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org