Our goals?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sun Dec 30 07:23:00 UTC 2007

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am pushing the below to -general in hopes for more interaction.

Likewise:-

> > As is common place toward the beginning of a New Year, people like to
> > reflect and possibly make new resolutions. I was wondering what the
> > SPI members would like to see SPI do in the next 12 months?

- Take less than a week to publish its board meeting logs and notify
the members what was voted through [in development];

- Set up robots for periodic tasks so that there's a default service
when the responsible person is unexpectedly unavailable, with regard
to past resolutions like 2007-01-16-iwj.5.  For example, the agenda is
pretty formulaic and just needs details adding to the skeleton in
Article Six of the by-laws.  That could be done gradually in advance
and then sent automatically by cron or something;

- Produce a periodic newsletter and an annual report rounding up news;

- Sort out the web site - all key topics within three clicks of home,
hunt and kill bad wordings like "member projects" and fix the
incredible appearing/vanishing menu items - but keep its current good
accessibility features;

- Recruit more members and donors, promoting SPI to our community and
other interested (moneyed?) communities with similar values;

- Report how much money each project has each month [this seems to be
in development too] and encourage them to spend it - it doesn't do as
much good sat in the bank account.

Season's greetings,