[Spi-private] private vs. general: Openness of Board Discussions

Josh Berkus josh at postgresql.org
Thu Feb 15 17:44:45 UTC 2007

Jimmy,

> (Josh, please remove -private on any replies to any of my mails in this
> thread, unless you still think it's important for -private to be
> included in addition to -general.)

It is right now.

> As I said, it seems to be fixed for more than 6 months now, so we have
> no need to shy away from -general for a silly reason like a spam problem
> when it's the right list to use.

What I'm contending is that right now, today, we have dozens of contributing
members who are receiving mail from -private but not from -general.  If all
contributing members need to pay attention to -general, we need to notify
them to resubscribe on -private *first*.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project