[Spi-private] private vs. general: Openness of Board Discussions

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Thu Feb 15 18:07:31 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 09:44:45AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> What I'm contending is that right now, today, we have dozens of contributing
> members who are receiving mail from -private but not from -general.  If all
> contributing members need to pay attention to -general, we need to notify
> them to resubscribe on -private *first*.

Notification sent and received via -private. I also pointed them to the
online -general web archives in case they want to see what they have
missed so far. The archives will also be useful in that, if we move
fully public discussions to -general now, they can be informed of what
we say between now and when they resubscribe to general.

Now can we please remove -private and stop giving me *3* copies (direct,
-general, -private) of every email in this thread in my inbox, plus a
*4th* copy in my -board mailbox? (I am setting the Mail-Followup-To
header properly in my mails, so your client shouldn't be sending me a
direct response, but apparently it is. Even if you can't get the total
number of copies down to 2, having only 2 in my inbox plus 1 in my board
box would still be an improvement. You can also feel free to remove
"Jimmy Kaplowitz <treasurer at spi-inc.org>" from the list; I put that in
out of habit in one of my mails, and it seems to be persisting.)

And, I did reply to your substantive objections to the resolution as
well. Your thoughts on my reply would also be welcome (on -general
please, optionally but not necessarily plus -board).

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org