SPI's respect for debian resolutions, was: [GR] DD should be allowed to perform binary-only uploads

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Feb 16 14:00:52 UTC 2007

Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> I think this is mostly something that would be helpful for MJ, rather than
> Debian as a whole; but I'd certainly expect SPI to have something in its
> books making it official how Debian's decisions are communicated to SPI.

I thought it was blindingly obvious that all valid debian decisions
would be respected by SPI, but
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/02/msg00083.html
http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/02/msg00117.html suggests
some board members may disagree.  I think it could be helpful to the
debian project as a whole, depending who is elected as DPL in future,
and it's shameful that Anthony Towns is personalising yet again.

Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
> It would be helpful to *me*.
>
> However, such a resolution needs to address the issue of who should bring a
> request from Debian to the board if not the DPL. [...]

http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2002-07-02-iwj.5
makes no similar specification AFAICT, but it could be useful.

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.