[Spi-private] Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility of board activity

Don Armstrong don at donarmstrong.com
Tue Jan 2 12:22:56 UTC 2007

On Mon, 01 Jan 2007, Neil McGovern wrote:
> The only real changes from how I've been doing things are:
> * resolutions must now be sent at least 48h in advance.
>   - Previously it's been 24h. Before I was secretary, it was none.
>   - 48h has been picked as it's what's specified in 2004-10-15-dbg.1 [0]
>     I'm happy to increase or decrease this if people think it's needed.
> * Resolutions must now also be sent to a spi list.

I suggest changing this to resolutions must be submitted 24 hours in
advance of the publication of the meeting announcement which must
occur at least 4 days before the meeting and include the full text of
the resolutions to be decided at the meeting as well as the schedule
of the meeting.[1]

Resolutions which do not meet the deadline would be automatically
defered to the next meeting. [I suppose exceptions could be made for
emergency resolutions, but those should be few and far between, and
should probably require a non-regularly scheduled meeting to be called
anyway.]

Don Armstrong

1: I've no clue if the bylaws allow it, but I'd suggest that the
secretary require that the resolutions include formatting appropriate
for the announcement of the meeting and the agenda item to minimize
work on the part of the secretary.
--
I'd never hurt another living thing.
But if I did...