[Spi-private] Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility of board activity

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jan 3 15:01:33 UTC 2007

Neil McGovern <neilm at spi-inc.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 01:31:33PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > It is unnecessary to link member participation deadlines with meeting
> > notice periods.
>
> Now I'm confused. If a notice of the meeting doesn't contain the full
> agenda, what use is it apart from just being a simple reminder?

It is more useful because it contains more information about what the
meeting will discuss.  Analogously, are people more likely to attend
after seeing a notice saying "Concert 9pm Friday" or "Concert by local
acoustic band Best Kept Secret 9pm Friday 12 January at The Pen and
Quill Taunton" or must they have the final set list?

If including 100% of the details has obvious negative effects
(restrictions on participation) but 99% does not, then include 99%.
That's still a massive improvement on the recent 0%s.  If anything in
the 1% is new but not urgent, acknowledge it and defer any final
decisions.

I'm confused why this needs explaining: does anyone really think 0%
and 99% are the same, or that 0% and 100% are the only choices?

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.
Other Best Kept Secret gig dates on http://www.rjnash.demon.co.uk/bks/