[Spi-private] Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility of board activity

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Wed Jan 3 15:16:21 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 03:01:33PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> If including 100% of the details has obvious negative effects
> (restrictions on participation) but 99% does not, then include 99%.
> That's still a massive improvement on the recent 0%s.  If anything in
> the 1% is new but not urgent, acknowledge it and defer any final
> decisions.

I'm not going to address your main point above in this email, but the
recent meeting announcements, including the 3-day advance notice for the
December meeting, did have more than 0% information on the agenda. In
fact, it included the URL for the entire agenda as of the sending of
that email. Admittedly it would be slightly preferable if at least the
summary schedule of the meeting was included in the email, requiring a
visit to the URL only to see full resolution texts, but either way it's
still a reasonable means of informing the SPI membership. Speaking only
for myself, it doesn't bother me greatly that I have to visit a URL to
see the agenda, but I can see how it's not maximally optimal.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org