Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility of board activity

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 18:55:18 UTC 2007

Joshua D. Drake writes ("Re: Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility  of	board activity"):
> Perhaps a better way would be : must be seconded (I don't know the next
> term) and thirded ;0 by a board member?
>
> A vote of the board can be difficult to achieve on short notice. Getting
> two board members to back something is going to be much easier.

??  Obviously the procedural vote would be held in the meeting at
which the item was to be discussed (or not discussed, as the case
might be).  If the meeting is quorate then getting a vote is easy; if
it's not then you're doomed anyway.

Ian.