Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility of board activity

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jan 16 19:34:59 UTC 2007

MJ Ray writes ("Re: Publically viewable resolutions and increasing the visibility of  board activity"):
> Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> >     by T-5 days: Meeting reminder announcement, sent by email,
> >                  containing complete list of non-emergency business to
> >                  be conducted (NB, _containing_ not _linking to_).
>
> Ow.  So that's Thursday evening in the current model?  I'd struggle to
> reschedule if I don't know until then that something I want to oversee
> is being discussed.  Please, T-8 (Monday before) at latest.

In order for the published agenda to be complete it is necessary for
the business introduction deadline to precede the agenda announcement
by enough time for the secretary to prepare the agenda announcement.

I know you don't agree that the agenda should necessarily be complete
but I think it's a necessity.

Ian.