Inviting questions from SPI

Tim Post tim.post at gridnix.org
Thu Jul 12 16:48:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 09:06 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Defining a quality project is a bit difficult, it is also fairly biased
> on my part. In my mind a quality project has been shown to have members
> that participate in the FOSS community in general, have an open forum
> for discussion, and show a willingness to participate in other communities.

How many of such good natured individuals focused on one endeavor
constitute a project you'd be likely to approach?

Do you feel resources should be put into finding new and promising
projects prior to 'chicken hawkers' approaching?

How do we lure developers from closing off with "as a service" products
that can be offered free but aren't F/LOSS which seems to be the candy
the 'chicken hawkers' have to offer?

Best,
--Tim