Inviting questions from SPI

Alvaro Herrera alvherre at alvh.no-ip.org
Thu Jul 12 20:35:57 UTC 2007

Tim Post wrote:

> Do you feel resources should be put into finding new and promising
> projects prior to 'chicken hawkers' approaching?
>
> How do we lure developers from closing off with "as a service" products
> that can be offered free but aren't F/LOSS which seems to be the candy
> the 'chicken hawkers' have to offer?

For those of us not in the know, could you clarify what a "chicken
hawker" is?  In Wikipedia I find two definitions (one related to
homosexuality and the other to war stance in a politician), neither of
which seem to make any sense in this context.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"No necesitamos banderas