[Spi-private] Re: Inviting questions from SPI

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jul 13 09:19:30 UTC 2007

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> I plan on actively recruiting new projects. There are many, many FOSS
> projects out there that could use SPI services, that have no idea who we
> are.

There are also many who know who SPI are and then still set up
independent foundations anyway.  Do you know some reasons why?

One reason I have seen is that SPI does not advocate and market its
projects in the way a single-project foundation usually does.  Would
you address that and how?

Another reason is that SPI is controlled by developers and not users.
Would you address that and how?

Thanks,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.