[Spi-private] Re: Inviting questions from SPI

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Jul 13 14:52:33 UTC 2007

MJ Ray wrote:
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> MJ Ray wrote:

>> If we have two people that want sponsorship. One is talking to Ohio
>> Linux Fest, the other is keynote at FOSSDEM. I would think that assuming
>> the ability to only sponsor one talk, we would sponsor the FOSSDEM talk.
>
> If you have the ability to only sponsor one talk, that seems like the
> Fest one is an example of a legitimate-but-not-possible talk
> opportunity.  Can you give an example of an illegitimate one, please?

I would be hard pressed to sponsor a Debian developer to go present a
talk to a group of other Debian developers. Of course Debian could
choose to sponsor it but I don't think it would be in the best interest
of SPI itself.

>>> 5. Will you abstain from votes about things not mentioned in your
>>> platform?
>> No, I think that would be silly. Just because it isn't in my platform
>> doesn't mean I don't have an opinion.
>
> Probably not.  However, I do think it means you have no mandate about
> it, so if it is not urgent, then you should abstain.

I disagree but we can't all agree on everything :)

>> I would however abstain from votes that I did not feel I had enough
>> information to make what I deemed a good decision.
>
> That's something.

:)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake