[Spi-private] Re: Inviting questions from SPI

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri Jul 13 20:59:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 03:43:36PM -0400, David Graham wrote:
> That's a point on the surface, but I don't necessarily see it that way: I
> am not suggesting that SPI not actively help its projects cooperate or
> even advocate, only that we do so by the request of our member projects,
> and not on our own whim.

So I guess the way I view this is more that when a member project wants
to "request" stuff like this, the way that should work is by having some
of the people in that project get more actively involved in SPI and make
it happen -- which is pretty much what Joshua's doing.

As long as that doesn't end up as trying to force other projects to
be involved in projects when they don't want to -- which is possible,
but I think easily avoidable if we keep it in mind -- then it's all good.

Obviously, YMMV, but free software and grass roots activities and
promotion in the US really seems like something that could do a lot of
good to me.

Cheers,
aj