[Spi-private] Re: Inviting questions from SPI

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Jul 17 20:35:31 UTC 2007

MJ Ray writes ("Re: [Spi-private] Re: Inviting questions from SPI"):
> Another reason is that SPI is controlled by developers and not users.
> Would you address that and how?

If I may answer a question addressed to another candidate:

I think it's correct that SPI is controlled by contributors to Free
Software rather than users of Free Software.  That's the way Free
Software is developed: by the choices of its contributors.

Using contribution as a the criterion also makes the organisation more
resistant to entryism (that is, some bunch of people with some
unfortunate axe to grind will find it harder to just join).

Ian.
(spi-private removed from the CC list)