Research Process Patenting

Andrew Sullivan ajs at crankycanuck.ca
Mon Jul 23 18:20:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 24, 2007 at 01:46:29AM +0800, Tim Post wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I'm a bit concerned and I thought this as good a place as any to open
> the conversation.

Why do you think this is a good place to open this conversation?  It
isn't: this isn't a legal forum, and we claim no special expertise in
patent law.

> I'm getting a little concerned about patents that cover a process of
> doing something.

Sorry, that ship has sailed.  If you want to change that, you need to
lobby your government to try to get out of its treaty obligations.
As I understand it, such direct lobbying would also violate our tax
status; which is the other reason not to raise this issue here.

So please have this conversation elsewhere.  There _are_ fora where
this issue has already been discussed in rather a lot of detail, so I
suspect a little time with Google would be something that would
benefit you.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs at crankycanuck.ca
The plural of anecdote is not data.
		--Roger Brinner