OpenVAS as an affiliated project

Tim Brown spi at machine.org.uk
Sun Jun 17 17:12:12 UTC 2007

All,

May moons ago (http://www.spi-inc.org/secretary/agenda/2005/2005-11-15.html),
OpenVAS was considered an SPI project.  Somehoe due to poor communication and
more importantly a broken mail/web server, we disappeared from the Internet.
We do however continue to exist and indeed our infrastructure is back.  That
being said, I'd like to see OpenVAS back on the affiliated project list and
have been speaking to the SPI folk (Neil M and Ian J) during Debconf which I
am attending wearing both OpenVAS and a Debian maintainer (sucrack/arp-scan)
hats.  Our constitution (http://www.openvas.org/constitution.html) hasn't
changed since we were last discussed, so I wonder would it be possible to
have this issue discussed tomorrow at the board meeting with a view to
reacceptance.

Yours,
Tim
--