Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Tue Mar 6 12:59:34 UTC 2007

> IMO this is not the first time he has overstepped the mark; on another
> memorable recent occasion, after an enormously acrimonious debate, 15%
> of Debian's governing body thought he had offended badly enough that
> he should be sacked over it[1], as many as endorsed his actual
> decision[2].

I have zero clue on the history here, but I must say.. if only 15% of
the people were upset, I am unsure
of what the problem is. 15% is nothing in the grand scheme of things.
> In particular, Anthony seems to be playing the role of Debian's SPI
> advisor here - and what he is telling us inflates his own authority!

Does the Debian constitution have a limits on what his authority
represents? Perhaps the problem is ambiguity on the
part of Debian? I don't want to start a war or anything and I do
appreciate your bluntness but my experience shows
that people in general, will overstep their bounds (assuming good
people) when they don't know what those
boundaries are.

Further my experience is that if 15% of a particular group is unhappy,
usually the person made a good choice. 40%? Not so much.

Joshua D. Drake