Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

Theodore Tso tytso at mit.edu
Tue Mar 6 20:01:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 11:19:31AM -0700, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> I actually think this is a point that (nearly?) everyone involved in
> this discussion agrees with.  If SPI is to avoid "sticking its nose"
> into Debian project internals, then the resolution under discussion is
> an important tool in that it is effectively an interface specification
> between SPI and Debian.  I think we've gotten pretty good at writing
> these for recently associated projects, and am pleased that we're
> getting around to putting one in place for the Debian interface.

Agreed, we are agreeing violently.  The only thing that should be
needed for the ABI is the DPL and the Debian Project Secretary.
Nothing else should be necessary.

For *sure* we should not be requiring the SPI board to read the 14
pages of the constitution plus any potential Debian GR's, plus all of
the flamewars on the debian mailing lists about how to interpret the
whole mess.

						- Ted