Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

Steve Greenland steveg at moregruel.net
Tue Mar 6 23:34:01 UTC 2007

On 06-Mar-07, 15:37 (CST), "Joshua D. Drake" <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> >To put this in terms you may be familiar with: Anthony was impeached
> >and 15% of the decisionmaking body (those Developers who voted) were
> >in favour of forcing him out and holding an emergency election.
> >
> O.k. this is slightly different than what I was thinking happen. Thanks
> for clearing it up.

It's also slightly[1] different from what actually happened. In the US,
impeachment is an indictment, requiring allegation of "high treason,
bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors". It also requires a
*majority* vote of the members of the US House of Representatives.

In contrast, the instigation of the GR required the action of only
10 people, one of whom was Anthony himself. That's 1% of the Debian
developers. The actual vote drew 48 against the DPL, or about 5% of the
total, or 15% of the voters.

Politicians in the US *dream* of 85% approval ratings.

Steve

[1] Here, I'm using "slightly" to mean "almost completely".

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net