Draft resolution formalising Debian's Associated Project status

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Fri Mar 16 17:22:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 01:09:47PM -0400, Jimmy Kaplowitz wrote:
> > Would you accept
> >
> >  5. The Board relies on Debian Developers and others to ensure the Board
> >  is made aware of any situations where there is disagreement on the
> >  identity or authority of the Debian Project Leader or the Debian
> >  Project Secretary.
>
> That opens up a denial of service attack where if any two individuals
> (whether DDs or media people or whoever else) disagree on what the DPL
> has the authority to do, the Board is inviting emails on every such
> occasion [...]

What I said is true but I now realize missed the point of your wording:
you added the DPL to the list of people whose identity and authority we
might want DDs and others to tell us about. Here's a revised version
of that paragraph that I think satisfies your concerns without creating
a meaningfully likely DoS opportunity:

5. The Board relies on Debian Developers and others to ensure that the
Board is made aware of any situations where there is disagreement among
Debian Developers on the identity of the Debian Project Leader or the
Debian Project Secretary, and situations where the Debian Project Leader
and Debian Project Secretary disagree on the authority held by either of
them.

Does this work for you in combination with the rest of my amendment to
your resolution?

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org