Charters, manifestos, and SPI's purpose, and forum-widening

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Tue May 15 16:04:18 UTC 2007

>> "Uncowed"? Those darn cows are everywhere! :)
>>

> All right, I'll take that as a "no".
>
>     Bruce

Bruce, you are neglecting that by having insurance we have an asset. Not
in the official terms of course, but if there is money to be had we
become a target.

Secondly, we will never be able to provide protection for *any*
developer. Why? Because all the plaintiff has to do is show that the DD
acting at some point on their own.

How many DDs are going to actually adhere to only doing what we tell
them to?

Let's be realistic.

I applaud your heart, but the logistics don't make sense. If a DD wants
protection, they need to go out and either get a job that gives them
that protection or purchase insurance on their own.

Joshua D. Drake