Resolution 2007-11-14.nm.1 - EU-wide Debian Trademark

Neil McGovern maulkin at halon.org.uk
Thu Nov 8 13:47:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:33:13PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Neil McGovern <neilm at spi-inc.org> wrote:
> > 1. Neil McGovern may proceed with registering the mark
> >    'Debian' though a trademark solicitor with the CTM system.
>
> I'm happy to see this step.  Please s/CTM/Community Trade Mark/

Done.

> Is there any intention or authorisation to try a Madrid System
> registration?

Not as present. It's significantly more expensive, and the firm I'm in
communication with suggested just going for a CTM to start with. Should
the CTM application go through ok, we could look at extending this using
Madrid.

Neil
Q. Why is top posting bad?
gpg key - http://www.halon.org.uk/pubkey.txt ; the.earth.li B345BDD3