Enquiry re joining the SPI

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Nov 26 10:47:40 UTC 2007

Toby Collett <tcollett+lists at plan9.net.nz> wrote:
> I am a developer with the Player Project (playerstage.sf.net), [...]
> Does this sound like a project that would fit with SPI, and if so what
> are the steps to becoming a member project?

I think it sounds like a fine project.

In short, your community needs to pick someone who will be its liaison
to SPI.  Here is an unofficial HOWTO:
http://www.spi-inc.org/treasurer/associated-project-howto.html

As far as I know, SPI does not have member projects.  It has
associated projects.  As I understand it, supporting a project is a
unilateral decision of SPI (but not one that would usually happen
without the project's support) and the vote should state who/what SPI
recognises as the decision-makers of that project, as in
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2007-06-18-iwj.2.html
which references the most recent Associated Project Framework
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions/2004-08-10-iwj.1

Note I'm just another contributing member, not official for SPI.

Hope that helps,