How does SPI differ from SFC?

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Fri Sep 28 06:50:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 08:21 +0200, Michael Renzmann wrote:

> Maybe the most important question is: does the MadWifi project qualify as
> member of the SPI at all?

Yes, I think it does.

> Hence the question: does the existence (and the ongoing support) of
> MadWifi (the driver) cause any problems regarding a possible SPI
> membership?

I do not see any problem with that.

Even if you were only planning to continue to support the open-source
wrapper around the HAL-blob, I believe we would be willing to at least
consider a proposal for treating you as an associated project.  Given
your stated objective of replacing the blob with a true open source
driver, I look forward to reviewing a proposal.

Regards,

Bdale