are we being honest about legal resources?

Ean Schuessler ean at brainfood.com
Thu Apr 3 22:50:06 UTC 2008

Bruce Perens wrote:
> I just think there's an implementation problem. Today I think the DDs
> would only fully trust an organization that they entirely own, if that,
> and I missed that fact entirely back then.

There was a time when I held this opinion. These days I must admit a
sense of pride when I see PostgreSQL as a member and read news stories
about SPI helping OpenOffice conduct its voting. I think that is great.

The original SPI concept that services are cheaper when you share them
between projects is a valid one. All the services that SPI uses like
lawyers, banks and the postal system are shared. We are just moving up
one notch in specialization. It seems to me that it would be a shame to
walk away from the original goal at this point, after so much work.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO
ean at brainfood.com
214-720-0700 x 315