Licence choice of version proxy, licence stewardship

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Dec 5 11:09:11 UTC 2008

Ian Jackson <ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote: [...]
> What do people think ?
>
> Is SPI now sufficiently stable and robust that this would work without
> putting SPI under undue stress ?

It seems like a worthwhile task for SPI and a way to keep Licence
choice of version in developer hands, while still delegating it from a
particular developer.

I think SPI is sufficiently stable - the officers seem to have started
reporting consistently at last - but I wouldn't like to describe it as
robust until we complete another year of routine operation without a
crisis.

I doubt there will be widespread member support for this sort of finer
point of licensing/organisations policy, but maybe I'm wrong...?

Thanks,
--
MJ Ray (slef)