Meeting log for 2008-12-17

Ian Jackson ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Dec 19 10:13:54 UTC 2008

MJ Ray writes ("Meeting log for 2008-12-17"):
> [item 7.1, Resolution 2008.12.17.bg.1 - Privoxy as associated project]
>
> <bdale> luk_: I think the three folks listed in the resolution are the
> three primary commiters. privoxy.org is the web site for the project,
> I believe.

I'm terribly sorry to keep banging on about this but this process is
NOT ACCEPTABLE.

The membership should have the chance to review all of the important
content of a resolution beforehand (unless it's an emergency of
course).  That _includes_ stuff like the people we recognise as being
in charge.

In this case I don't hear any howling from anyone from Privoxy that we
have accidentally taken sides in some kind of internal power struggle
but if we do associated project resolutions with no external review of
the nominated people that's bound to happen eventually.

For other kinds of resolutions there are of course other isomorphic
problems.  That is why THE MEMBERSHIP MUST BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO
COMMENT!

Ian.