Meeting log for 2008-12-17

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Dec 19 16:42:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 16:27 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake writes ("Re: Meeting log for 2008-12-17"):
> > On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 10:13 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > > For other kinds of resolutions there are of course other isomorphic
> > > problems.  That is why THE MEMBERSHIP MUST BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO
> > > COMMENT!
> >
> > Wouldn't it make sense to make this argument on -private, where the
> > contributing members are?
>
> No, because discussions should be in public if there is no reason for
> them to be private.  We had already agreed that, surely ?  I can't
> seem to find a resolution about it right now.

I recall a motion that said we should discuss on private (I could be off
my rocker) but the thing is... the *only* people that can do anything
about what you are arguing is contributing members. E.g; they are the
ones that can vote. So -general may consider this noise.

I don't know honestly but what I do know is that there are many
contributing members that do not bother to read let alone subscribe to
-general.

Joshua D. Drake

> Ian.

PostgreSQL
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997