Meeting log for 2008-12-17

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Fri Dec 19 17:57:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 17:38 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake writes ("Re: Meeting log for 2008-12-17"):
> > On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 17:00 +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > >  (b) you agree with me that there should be more transparency
> > >      and feel that in future a different process with greater
> > >      transparency would be better.
> >
> > b.
>
> Great.
>
> > > Do you support Resolution 2007-01-16-iwj.5.html ?
> >
> > I do not have a problem with that resolution.
>
> Excellent.  Can you explain why it wasn't followed in this case ?

Unfortunately not.

> I see you were at the meeting where the Privoxy reolution was
> approved.

That is correct, I had an unfortunate VirtualBox event happen that
kicked me offline for 40 minutes.

>  Were you unaware that the membership hadn't seen an
> accurate draft (only a summary), and that the public and
> non-contributing membership had seen nothing at all ?

I admit that I wasn't aware that the resolution had been brought forth.
It isn't on the website (nor is anything since January)[1]. I do
remember initial discussions of privoxy however and that there was
overwhelming support for having them as an associated project. The
discussion appears to have taken place in mid-august.

And actually now that I look at the meeting announcement, it stated
there were no motions and the agenda says that privoxy was up for
discussion. So I guess I am confused as to why there was a vote at all.

Joshua D. Drake

1. http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/resolutions-list

> Ian.

PostgreSQL
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997