Meeting log for 2008-12-17

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Fri Dec 19 22:52:01 UTC 2008

ijackson at chiark.greenend.org.uk (Ian Jackson) writes:

> Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Meeting log for 2008-12-17"):
>>  This all needs to change.
>
> Since we're all geeks perhaps we should try to address a social
> problem with a technical solution.
>
> If I went and wrote a webform/emailscanning robot which enforced these
> rules and automatically prepared meeting announcements, agendas, and
> so forth, would people use it ?

That's a really interesting idea.  On general principles, I would use such
a thing.  Are you up for drafting some sort of specification the current
board and officers could review to see if it's something we agree would be
an improvement in process?  If it made doing the right things easier and
didn't overly burden folks with process details, it could be a genuinely
good thing for SPI.

Bdale