Meeting agenda robot

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Tue Dec 23 22:38:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 21:33 +0100, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> >> All errors and misunderstandings above are mine :-)
> > If we are using a wiki, please make sure it is a wiki that has proper
> > page based acl. Which means:
>
> > A page can be assigned to any role (user or group) and can be controlled
> > at that level. If it is like most wikis I know, it can't do that. If it
> > can't do that we are wasting our time.
>
> As much as I am in favor of limiting access: What do you plan that needs
> this? I mean, it will be a wiki, but not one thats open to the wide
> public. It will always be a limited set of people who have access
> to. (Board, Admins and the few people board wants in as webmaster).

O.k. if we are going to limit it like that, then I don't see a big
problem. I was envisioning something like wiki.postgresql.org where
there is "official" stuff but also it is an open wiki. So only certain
people can unlock and lock pages. Just makes things obnoxious.

> And then we have the VCS behind it, which will surely mail commit
> messages to a list. And allows easy reverts of broken changes. Etc.

Nod.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL