Meeting agenda robot

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Thu Dec 25 06:24:58 UTC 2008

Ean Schuessler wrote:
> The sheer scale of the Java based toolsets is the point.
Uh-huh. You could start reading about the Java Toolset today, and still
not have learned the whole thing twenty years from now. Certainly when
writing any of my own code, I will not have the capability to run PHP,
Java, and Ruby in the same environment. I will not even have the More
Than One Way To Do It offered by perl. And somehow the work will get
done, reasonably quickly, and in an environment that I have a reasonable
chance of understanding in my useful lifetime.