Board Appointee: Robert Treat Resolution 2008-01-24.jdd.1.1

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Jan 28 23:09:40 UTC 2008

"Joshua D. Drake" <jd at commandprompt.com> wrote: [...]
> 1. It is interim. This motion is being submitted so the board can
> continue to operate until the next election. (We may not reliably meet
> quorum otherwise)

So if this is interim, the vacancy created by Josh Berkus will still
need filling according to the direction in Article Seven of
http://www.spi-inc.org/corporate/by-laws
and as the board agreed last meeting, right?

> 2. Robert Treat is not just some guy. He already works with the Board
> via the affiliated project PostgreSQL.

Why would Robert Treat be better than those who showed the willingness
and commitment to stand at the last election?  There doesn't seem much
rationale with that motion.

Would being both an adviser and a board member be in conflict?

Regards,