Copyright issues re Debian website

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Mon Mar 10 01:33:46 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 12:26:45PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Josh Berkus <josh at postgresql.org> wrote:
> > When did spi-general become "legal-wanker-discuss at spi-inc.org"?
> > Might I suggest that idle legal speculation, having little or nothing to do
> > with SPI business, be taken to another mailing list, please?
> Right.  And might I suggest that SPI get off its collective backside
> and ask its legal advisers whether tracking down every contributor

I don't think there's ever been a request from the Debian liaison for
SPI to do that, has there? If there has, it should be the liaison (ie,
the DPL) chasing it up with the board, not individual Debian developers
or SPI members. If there hasn't, individual members should be chasing
it up with the DPL, who's responsible for working out if it's important
enough for Debian to spend SPI's resources on.

Cheers,
aj