are we being honest about legal resources?

Joshua D. Drake jd at commandprompt.com
Wed Mar 12 04:25:47 UTC 2008

On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 20:34:15 -0700
Bruce Perens <bruce at perens.com> wrote:

> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > Please take your Debian requests to the Debian list. Should Debian
> > require the services of SPI I am sure that the Debian DPL will ask
> > and at that point I am doubly confident that SPI will comply.
> Ugh. I think the problem here is that SPI has any mission _other_
> than serving Debian. I think it would have worked out to be more fair
> to everyone had Command Prompt Inc. established its own foundation
> for Postgres.

Not for the rest of PostgreSQL I assure you. Command Prompt is just one
player in a field of dozens. Command Prompt also does not dictate in
any way how the PostgreSQL community operates. We serve at the
grace of the community. I have to admit that this is one of
your more nonsensical posts.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit