are we being honest about legal resources?

Bruce Perens bruce at perens.com
Wed Mar 12 06:42:15 UTC 2008

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Not for the rest of PostgreSQL I assure you. Command Prompt is just one
> player in a field of dozens. Command Prompt also does not dictate in
> any way how the PostgreSQL community operates. We serve at the
> grace of the community. I have to admit that this is one of
> your more nonsensical posts.
I'm sorry that I was not making sense. The statement you made to MJ was
not one I am used to seeing from an SPI board member.

It's pretty clear that there are now two camps that are not particularly
interested in each other's project, which hasn't really been the case
with SPI until recently.

SPI has had various people who had a financial interest in Debian on the
board. I owned about 8% of Progeny, and various Progeny employees were
on the board, but we weren't "The Debian Company".

And I am not entirely comfortable with this. Sorry. It's sincerely how I
feel.

    Bruce