are we being honest about legal resources?

Jimmy Kaplowitz jimmy at spi-inc.org
Wed Mar 12 16:42:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 08:31:22AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> This really isn't true at all. You should consider that at least 4 of
> the board members are not "Debian" people, although they are involved
> with Debian. (I was firmly reminded of this on a chat with Jimmy).

I think I should clarify for those who might draw the wrong conclusions:
all of the board members who are members of the Debian project
presumably consider themselves "Debian" people, and I certainly do.
However, those who are also OFTC staff members presumably consider
themselves "OFTC" people too, even if they are also "Debian" people.
Likewise for any members involved in Debian and PostgreSQL; we don't
currently have any on the board, but if we ever do, such people will
presumably consider themselves both "Debian" people and "PostgreSQL"
people. This is consistent with what I think you meant despite the wording.

However, it is undoubtedly true that many of the Debian-affiliated board
members (hopefully all of them) feel a duty to fairly address the needs
of SPI associated projects other than Debian within SPI, as well as
those of Debian. I certainly do.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy at spi-inc.org