Request for EDU contacts

Louis Suarez-Potts luispo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 22:10:31 UTC 2008

Josh,
Let's work together on this, as I've also been working in this space
and so have others, including Mark Surman of Mozilla Foundation. We
can discuss this offlist, and on the Google Group I set up a while
ago, though it is more focused on universities than general education,
and I tend to think now the scope must be broadened.

See: http://groups.google.ca/group/foss-universities

It used to have an embarrassing amount of spam. I spent some quality
time deleting it.
Louis

On 2008-11-24, at 16:10 , Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> As part of my current FOSS mission, I am reaching out to United States
> based educational instituions and offering to talk to ACM, CS, IEEE
> students. What I have found however, is that a lot of these folks are
> either very busy or contact web pages are out of sync with reality.
> So I
> thought I would appeal to peeps on this list.
>
> If you have a contact at a University, I would appreciate an
> introduction. If you would like to see some of the talks I have done
> you
> can view them here:
>
> http://www.commandprompt.com/blogs/joshua_drake/2008/11/you_are_not_good_enough_for_open_source/
> http://www.commandprompt.com/blogs/joshua_drake/2008/11/the_open_source_job_market/
> http://www.commandprompt.com/blogs/joshua_drake/2008/10/on_the_morning_of_west_east_08_appears/
>
> And any of you who have attended PgConference: West/East have seen me
> speak.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake
>
> --
> PostgreSQL
>   Consulting, Development, Support, Training
>   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
>   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997

Louis Suarez-Potts, PhD
Community Manager, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
OpenOffice.org