Expert service, was: OpenVas plugin development

Bdale Garbee bdale at gag.com
Mon Oct 6 13:44:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:59 +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Michael Schultheiss <schultmc at spi-inc.org> wrote:
> > I haven't yet heard back from the CPA.  Our attorney also said he would
> > research the issues and get back to me this week.  I'll ask them for a
> > status update.
>
> It looks like quite a few of the board's requests get delayed waiting
> for the experts to reply.  Maybe it just looks like that, though: are
> the board monitoring how often it happens, so SPI knows when to praise
> them for excellent service in the annual report, or when to try
> finding more||different experts?

No, I don't believe we've ever done anything like trying to keep stats
on the performance of our pro-bono legal advisors.  However, we have
reacted when we realized things weren't going well at various times in
the past, including changing our accounting firm, adding the SFLC folks
to our pool of resources, etc.

It certainly makes sense that as we continue to grow and provide
assistance for more projects, that we need to continue to evolve our
practices and review our "vendor" relationships periodically.  The step
Michael has already described of moving to pay for more bookkeeping
services is likely to be our next such change.

Bdale