OpenVas plugin development (was Up to date statement of Account)

Michael Schultheiss schultmc at spi-inc.org
Fri Sep 26 17:42:18 UTC 2008

Tim Brown wrote:
> Firstly, apologies for dropping a grenade but I thought it was
> relevant in the context of treasurer interactions with member
> projects.   It isn't a problem in this case if the answer is that SPI
> are waiting on legal advice but I wanted to guage whether a response
> would be forthcoming.  To be fair Michael said as much in an IRC
> conversation some weeks back, but there was no official communication
> to this effect.

I apologize for the lack of official communication.  I was unable to
find my initial request to the legal and financial advisors in my sent
mail so I redrafted the request and added a request for an ETA of a
response if they must do further research.  I'll get back to you as soon
as I hear back from the advisors.

> There an additional question of how to handle any money that is not
> allocated as prize money.  If we handle this through SPI, could it
> potentially be earmarked for further use by OpenVAS at some later
> stage (for example we have occasional developer conferences)?

Money that is not allocated as prize money should be able to be
earmarked for future OpenVAS with little difficulty.

--
Michael Schultheiss
E-mail: schultmc at spi-inc.org